Sunday, May 13, 2012


Today you get to join me at the grocery store!


I shop at the closest Billa which is conveniently located between Uni and my building. The entire store is the size of a local Walgreens. There's one 'superstore' that I go to for certain items (chicken breast, chicken nuggets, Heinz ketchup), but most of the things I need I can find at this little store!


These are some things I found funny in the store....
 Titz chicken, germ, and weiner art..





Good thing about these trips is that it only takes 10 minutes, including checkout. Bad news is I have to go every few days to stock up! I think grocery stores are going to be difficult to adjust to when I get home--
 one of the many things!


The store hands out a packet of collectible stickers if you spend over 10 euro. Obviously this is quite exciting for an exchange student that doesn't have a lot going on... I became obsessed with the stickers and then they stopped handing them out!! My friend Jeremy found a box of them that they were giving away and brought me alllllll of them :) I spent a whole night with Jeremy, Morgan, and Miriam organizing them to make a complete set! There are 210 total and I'm missing around 25. Hopefully by the time I leave I'll have them all! If I accomplish nothing else in Austria, at least I have this going for me










No comments:

Post a Comment