1. Being semi-ambidextrous while eating.
Though nowhere near the skill and surgical precision of the French
2. Reading seven novels
My favorite was Dracula- especially when it was talking about Budapest while I was there and then London while I was in that city
3. Saying "cheers" in 6 languages and cuss words in 5.
Putain is my all time fave...
4. Expanding my gastronomical curriculum vitae
I liked fish for the first time in my life!
5. Sharing American desserts with other cultures
Oreoballs, rice krispy treats, puppy chow...
6. For once in my life knowing (and liking) popular songs
and dancing in public
I blame/applaud Darren and Gemma for this
7. Being in Europe, with Europeans, for the Euros and Eurovision; being in London during Wimbledon; seeing Olympic stuff right before the Olympic games; being in France for the Tour de France.
8. 20+ trains, dozens of taxis, and hundreds of buses- finally conquering the non-personal car world
Of note: learning all the bus numbers and times
9. Having an enormous postcard and shot glass collection
Cheap souvenirs that every city has...
10. Two bike tours
Including the 34 kilometers through the southern Czech forests
11. Thirteen flights and not missing one
12. Visiting twelve different countries
The passport stamps are the coolest part
13. All the potlucks, Tuesday night Mozart clubs, Wednesday night Spekis (okay not all of those are good memories), Thursday night pub quiz (which we won several times), my neighbor in 229, the wonderful lake, public transportation, my tattooed friend, going to my European parents'- the Hassenfelders- house for home cooked food, last three weeks of travel and seeing everyones families and elementary schools, my Belgrade husband, partying with my adopted parents Mike and Jolyne in our European tour, the Tasmanian, getting trans-Atlantic mail (Aunt Dianna, Rick, M&J, all the newspaper clippings from Grandma), my Gemmagirl, my ever so sympathetic German teacher... all the amazing people I met and wonderful places I visited.
Nymphenburg Palace, Munich
l'hôtel Dieu avec le Rhône
Hospital where Thibault was born in Lyon, France
Cliffs of Moher, Ireland
Sveti Sava in Belgrade, Serbia
Tscheppaschlucht Canyon, Austria
Klikov, Czech Republic
Prague, Czech Republic
San Marcos Piazza
Prague, Czech Republic
Atop Castle Hill