Monday, April 2, 2012

Let me take a minute to brag about the wonderful
people we have leading OCU...



Our hilarious, intelligent, and very loyal President Henry
posted this video yesterday:
(Nubs is our friendly campus squirrel that's lacking in the tail area.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI7bV0QdfFo&feature=g-all-u&context=G2699220FAAAAAAAABAA

Oklahoma City University is very lucky to have such a person guiding our school and campus community. His passion for Indian affairs and the environment gives him extra props in my books!



I am extremely lucky to have fallen under the guidance of
Dr. Helen Gaudin. She has shaped my whole OCU experience
 tremendously. Making your class schedule is always stressful,
but especially so from another continent. This lovely lady made up my
whole schedule for me. I honestly don't know where'd I would be without her. She's pretty smart and quite the teacher too!


For those of you who don't know, my Dad (Fash) began teaching at OCU this year. He's a Biology professor, so he's in my department and colleagues with all my professors! People often ask me how I feel about it and if it's weird, but honestly it's one of the best things to ever happen to us! He's going to know more people on campus than I do when I get back.

 I can't wait to have breakfast dates in the caf with him again :)


We already share half our genes, same sports teams, music,
interest in biology, and family...
why not share the same school and friends?



I'd like to mention the other people who shape and improve my OCU career:
Dr. Adam Ryburn, Dr. Kent Buchanan, Dr. Laurie Kauffman, Dr. Brooke Hessler
(though I'll take Buchanan for Genetics this fall,
so I might have to edit him out later)
They are extremely intelligent and great professors, but more importantly, fantastic individuals.

Also Mark, Maggie, and Ariel-- my study buddies, caf partners, and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment