Friday, June 15, 2012




These yummy pastries have been staring at us since we arrived...
So we decided it was about time we sat down, had a latte, and enjoyed them.

Morgan, Miriam, and I treated ourselves after our first final- Austrian Culture. The whole class was taught in German with a few English summaries, so we spent the last week reading up on the internet and google translating lectures. They passed around a sheet where we wrote our nationalities to grade the natives harder and the non-Austrians easier.. fingers crossed!





We've been watching the Euros on the public viewing area in the city center.
As I have no 'home' team to root for (America obviously isn't in it and Austria didn't make it), I'm rooting for a motley selection: I'm basically Irish, let's face it, so I proudly support the lads in green (and love all ye Irish folk); I'll be visiting Berlin during the championship game, so I'm definitely hoping that Germany wins it all and I'll be there to experience it; I wouldn't mind if Italy (also basically my homeland) and France did well too because I have friends from there. I know supporters of all the countries at this point, so I'll be happy for whoever wins.







We had one last international organization party for the year.
at a cool club on the lake.


Gemma (Ireland), Camille (French), Anna (French), me and Miriam (Australia) in front.


Sonja (Germany) and Julia (Ukraine)
Sweet girlies I'll miss!





Fear the beard, even underwater


We're bringin' the thunder to Austria...

The hills are now alive with the sound of The Thunder


Crazy, pre-historic looking duck and baby! Dad, what are these!? Is there something toxic in the lake causing weird mutations or are these guys just "European"?! They can jump up from the water like nothing I've ever seen,  and look at those feet!



I stole a couple from Thibault, as usual! He always has the best shots

1 comment:

  1. thunder up ! love it ! thanks again for the photos .

    ReplyDelete